All about the parish council home page
parish council, home
  • Welcome to Blawith and Subberthwaite Parish Council



    Blawith and Subberthwaite Parish Council

  • Slide 2
11 July 2022

Parish Council Meeting

Village Hall, Water Yeat Monday 7:00 pm View Details

Blawith and Subberthwaite Parish Council Challenge

Council challenge

Blawith and Subberthwaite Parish Council
(with Water Yeat and Gawthwaite)

Blawith and Subberthwaite (with Water Yeat and Gawthwaite) is a High Furness parish with just 167 registered electors (ref. SLDC electoral register 2015/16)

Blawith and Water Yeat are on the A5084 near to Coniston Water. Gawthwaite is farther to the west on the A5092. The rest of the parish lies between these two roads.

With no shops, pubs or post office, the village hall at Water Yeat is a focal point for many in the community. It is an indication of the scatter of dwellings in the area that this building is correctly the Blawith and Nibthwaite village hall. Not located in either, it belongs to two villages in different parishes, for Nibthwaite is in Colton Parish on the other side of the Crake valley.

History, Charm & Community Spirit

Latest Parish News

Community Fund


June 2022
community fund


South Lakeland District Council today launches a £25,000 fund aimed at supporting projects that help alleviate poverty.

SLDC is encouraging town and parish councils, community and voluntary groups and local charities to apply to the first round of the new Fairer South Lakeland Community Fund as soon as possible.

Applications can be for both established projects and new initiatives, and applicants can work with other funders, community organisations and agencies to maximise the impacts.

Projects could, for example, aim to give more extra-curricular opportunities to children from poorer households; they may work with local food hubs to expand their reach or update facilities; they may increase transport connections in rural communities; or help vulnerable people into work.

The overarching criteria is that the long-term aim of the project must be to tackle poverty.

Cost of Living Support


June 2022
cost of living support

A number of bits of funding have been announced nationally recently to help with the rise in the cost of living - the national schemes announced by the chancellor are summarised here:

Locally, Cumbria County Council's Cabinet yesterday approved £2m fundingto support a range of measures, including more support linked to free school meals, including increases in school uniform grants:

We know there are likely to people who are eligible for free schools meals who aren't currently claiming them - so it'd be really helpful if people could publicise the information about how to do so, and the additional benefits that are linked to them - all in the press release above.

Blawith and Subberthwaite Parish
Weather Humidity percentage %
Weather Description
FRI Weather Day One ° °
SAT Weather Day two ° °
SUN Weather Day three ° °
MON Weather Day four ° °
TUE Weather Day five ° °